Planning a wedding is expensive! However, if you are willing to dig in and and do some of the work yourself, you will be able to save yourself a bundle. There are several areas to cut costs by making items yourself or enabling the services of your friends or family. If you are stumped for ideas, just check out this list of money savers, along with suggested links, and you will be well on your way to a budget friendly wedding.
Ways To Be A DIY Bride:
- Start by making your own invitations. There are so many different ways to set your own tone and personality into the invites when you make them yourself. This personal touch will not only be appreciated by your guests but will many times cost less than the high end printing cost of traditional invitations. See my section on DIY Wedding Invitations for lots of inspiration.
- Wedding favors are another popular and easy diy project for brides. Again, this is a nice way to add a personal touch to the memento that you give to your guests as a thank you. As you save money, you will also get a lot of enjoyment in making something special for your friends and family. See a wide selection of great ideas under DIY Wedding Favors.
- Check out DIY Centerpieces for beautiful and unique ideas to dress up your reception tables.
- Have you ever noticed how cute and helpful various wedding signage can be? It can be quite easy to create your own signs either painted on wood or printed and put in frames. Get lots of ideas from DIY Wedding Signs.
- For the complete list of diy projects here, check out DIY Projects.
More Ways To Save Money:
- Do you have a friend or family member that can sing or play the trumpet or other instrument? Consider enlisting them for ceremony music instead of hiring a professional. This goes for photographers as well.
- Venues that let you use your own caterer may let you bring in home cooked food. I have seen this done.
- Instead of hiring a wedding planner, assign various family members to tasks with a key person in charge.
- Rent or make your wedding dress.
- Have a baker in the family make the wedding cake or cupcakes.