I have made a variety of stylish keychains, out of recycled wine corks, and have decided to create one especially designed for a wedding favor. They are so simple and affordable to make and there are so many ways to customize them that they make the perfect project for a DIY bride.
My wine cork keychain wedding favor includes a thank you charm as a show of appreciation to all of the guests for joining in the celebration.
Along with the charm, I added a colored bead which should complement the color of your wedding. Here are the details for making this keychain wedding favor:
DIY Wedding Favor:
Other supplies: glue, wire cutters
- Dab the screw eye in glue and then screw it into the top of the wine cork.
- Attach your split ring to the eye of the screw.
- Cut about a half inch off the length of your eye pin with your wire cutters or tin snips (scissors would probably work too).
- Attach the charm to the eye of the pin.
- String your bead onto the pin.
- Dab the pin in some glue.
- Insert the pin into the bottom of the cork by gently pushing and twisting.
A wine cork keychain would be a great wedding favor to use at a wedding taking place at a winery. Of course, if you are serving wine at any wedding it would be a good choice!