If the idea of getting away from the traditional wedding planning appeals to you, then maybe a smaller more relaxed destination wedding is the way to go. Most of the time, you choose your location and wedding package and leave the details to the resort planners. All you have to worry about is getting yourselves and your guests there.
Some of the best destination weddings offer all inclusive packages to extend your stay right through the honeymoon. The best places also have the least amount of red tape to handle the legalities. This will determine how exotic you want to go. And, of course, affordability is key. You don’t want to be stressing over the finances of the whole affair since that can really put a damper on the celebration.
After plenty of research, I came up with my top picks of locations and resorts that offer the best deals for weddings.
1. Fiji Wedding, Matangi Island Resort – The ultimate in romance and perfect for a small wedding. An intimate island setting in the South Pacific that is affordable and unique. There is even a Fijian choir to sing hymns throughout the ceremony.
They offer several budget friendly wedding or wedding/honeymoon packages to pamper you. Their best package is for seven nights with air fare from LAX to Nadi, Fijie for $3959 a person. It includes such things as daily snorkeling excursions, sailing, kayaking and so many more luxurious details.
Stay in one of their unique treehouse bures or bungalows, island bures or beach bures.
2. Atlantis, Paradise Island – Bahamas – For a big variety of venue choices and wedding planning services, this location is at the top. You can plan either a small or large wedding here and have the accommodations that you need.
They offer honeymoon packages and meal/beverage plans for any guests that you have staying at Atlantis.
3. Castle Hattonchatel Chateau, France – You can have a dream fairy tale wedding in a real castle in one of the most romantic areas of the world. Whether you want an intimate private wedding or a more lavish affair of over 100 guests, the chateau will be able to provide your perfect wedding.
The only catch is that you need to be legally married before arriving since a religious ceremony is not a legal ceremony in France and a civil ceremony first in France requires a long residency requirement. However, this is easy to accomplish at your local City Clerk’s Office.
4. Hilton Resort, Cabos San Lucas Mexico – The Hilton offers ceremony and reception facilities for any size and style wedding, from elegant and stately to casual and beachfront.
Cabos San Lucas is a premier destination with the tropical weather, sandy beaches and relaxed atmosphere.
5. Mission Point Resort, Mackinac Island – Located between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron, this little island offers the perfect setting for a romantic wedding. There are no cars on the island with the only transportation being horse and carriage or bikes.
The Mission Point Resort offers several different ceremony and reception locations to suit your needs. This intimate location is best for weddings of 30 people or less.