Incorporating vintage skeleton keys has become very popular in weddings, especially for a vintage or rustic theme. One easy way to do this is to make boutonnieres using either authentic vintage keys or, easy to find, vintage inspired keys.
I am going to show you how to make a simple vintage key boutonniere that only requires a few items.
DIY Wedding Boutonniere Instructions:
- silk leaves
- fabric glue
- skeleton keys
- baby’s breath
- Lay one silk leaf on a piece of burlap and cut around so that it is a little bigger than the leaf.
- Glue the leaf onto the burlap with fabric glue.
- Take the second leaf and situate it behind the leaf with burlap. Place some glue on half of the leaf to glue it in place.
- Glue a key to the center of the main leaf.
- Clip a small section of baby’s breath from your bundle and glue to the base of the leaves. Wrap one of the leaf stems around the small stem of the baby’s breath to help hold it in place.
- Wrap a section of twine around the stem other leaf stem to finish the boutonniere off. Use the fabric glue on the twine as you wrap.